Google Exec, who led funds, ChromeOS, and consumer development, is leaving the corporate
The logo of Google by Alphabet Inc in front of the company’s office in Beijing, China, 8 August 2018.
Thomas Peter | Reuters
Caesar Sengupta, a senior executive who has led several projects within Google, including payments and ChromeOS, said Monday he was leaving the company after 15 years.
“I still see the future of Google very positively, but it is time for me to see if I can drive without training wheels,” wrote Sengupta in a LinkedIn post announcing his departure. Sengupta’s last day is April 30th. He said he wasn’t sure what’s next.
Most recently, Sengupta was Vice President and General Manager of Payments at Google and Next Billion Users, their initiative to make the Internet more accessible in developing markets. He previously served as the company’s vice president and product manager for ChromeOS.
“After 15 years with Google, Caesar Sengupta made a personal decision to leave the company and start something entrepreneurial outside of Google,” a company spokesman told CNBC. “During his time at Google, Caesar has played a key role in starting, building and leading initiatives such as ChromeOS, Next Billion Users and Google Pay. We look forward to seeing what he builds next and wish him all the best on his new journey. “”
Sengupta led the company’s Next Billion Users initiative in 2015. From 2015 to 2020, more than 1.5 billion people used the Internet for the first time. Billions more should be added by 2025, he said in an October blog post.
“I know that my decision may come as a shock to many of you, and I apologize for any pain or disappointment. But you have heard me say many times that our time on earth is our most precious resource and it is time for me to find a new way to make my impact on it, “wrote Sengupta.
Subscribe to CNBC on YouTube.